Thursday, February 19, 2009

Squid Ceviche for lunch


Squid Ceviche for lunch, originally uploaded by Margo and George.

Who says comfort food can't be healthy?

I found squid on sale at my local co-op; local and wild caught. I particularly favor the little tentacles, what can I say.

I marinated them overnight in lime juice (2 limes), chili flakes, salt & sugar. Quick braise over medium heat. Serve over wild rice mix with shallots and peppers (also from the co-op: tiny little sweet red / orange / yellow peppers).

Sorry, but the food was cooked early this morning (can you say quick-prep?) so only a cell-phone photo is available. Next time I'll remember my camera, but ... I thought this was a personal early-morning victory to get healthy fast food!

Looking forward to spring lettuces...but more on that later.

No comments: