Tuesday, July 15, 2008

borage flowers


borage flowers, originally uploaded by Margo and George.

I'm too embarrassed at how overgrown my garden got while I was preoccupied with other things, so instead I will post these borage flowers and hope you don't notice! Ha!

Being serious once more, I really love borage flowers, because they shade from that beautiful muted blue, through lavender, to the only shade of pink I can tolerate. Just lovely, and spikey too! I admire plants with thorns - although technically the fuzz on the borage plants are not thorns - given the sheer mass of my borage plot, they amount to thorns at this stage of the game. All sight of other plants in that little bed are hidden beneath all those cucumbery-scented leaves. I can only hope Theo the toad is hiding safely under there.

No comments: