Tuesday, April 29, 2008

rain gauge


rain gauge, originally uploaded by Margo and George.

Made a brief visit after work today - arrived 7ish, close to 7:30, but there was still a little light and it had stopped raining long enough for me to trek out to the plot. Perfect time to install a rain gauge, right? AFTER the rain stops? Yeah, well I missed it this time. I'll check the NOAA page to see approximately how many inches we got this time. Lessee here... according to NOAA/NWS archive, over the past two days we got 1.97 inches
Okay, I can live with that. So about two inches of rain.

1 comment:

ilex said...

Margo, are you finding it tough to wrap your brain around depending on rain after years of container gardening with so much more control over watering? That's the one leap I worry about when I look towards the day of having actual terra to root around in.