Wednesday, April 2, 2008

What's the Plan?

I can't actually plan too much yet: I've got a list of things I'd like to plant, and seeds for many of them. I noted the seed company for each, as I expect I'll want to know next year which ones were duds. I've also done a little research on which ones prefer acidic versus basic soil. For your amusement, I'm including the list (in progress) below: it includes flowers, veggies, fruits and herbs.
Alyssum
Aster
Basil (several varieties)
Bok Choi (白菜)
Borage
Bush Beans (three varieties - green, yellow & purple varieties)
Carrots
Chervil
Chinese Lanterns
Cilantro
Clematis
Columbine (acquilegia)
Comfrey
Dahlias
Dianthus
Dill
Ginger
Garlic bulbs
Horseradish (hard to start, but may try anyway)
Lettuce (green leaf, and mesclun mixes)
Marigold
Mung beans
Nasturtium
Peppers (Bell peppers - several colors, and a variety of hot peppers. I really like the small green asian varieties)
raspberry canes, of course
Sage
Scallions
Spinach
Strawberries
Sugar snap peas
Sunflowers (I'm trying a red variety this year)
Sweet peas (don't worry - I won't be planting it next to the edible peas!)
Tomatoes (several varieties - large & small)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great list! I will be looking forward to see your garden grow. Just be careful of the horseradish -- it is hard to start, and hard to exterminate!
Ali in Maine

Margo said...

Thanks for the tip on horseradish, Ali! I didn't know that. I am unsure whether I'll succeed with it, but I figure I'll be arranging my plantings in 'plots' - the better to monitor success/failure of various seeds. I do love horseradish though...